A lovely time was had by all...
Yesterday was a GREAT day! Brian and I finally had the same day off work - A WHOLE DAY! Since these are few and far between we decided to drive up to Napa Valley for the day. We ate brunch (more like lunch) at Fish Story which was fantastic. If you're ever in the area you should go. Check out their menu. Lovely! We also enjoyed the above drinks. I had "Bliss" and Brian had a Hemingway - of course it was a martini.
Then we headed to Tyler Florence's Shop where Brian picked up some Smoked Oil Olive (AMAZING!) You should buy some if you like a little punch and a little smoke. It takes about 10 seconds for the heat to kick in but it's great.
After wondering around downtown Napa Valley for a couple hours we headed over to OxBow Public Market. I felt like I walked in to an airport terminal if airport terminals had awesome restaurants, bars, fresh produce, and live music.
Of course I found myself at a wine and cheese bar. I thought I died and went to Heaven. The bar/nomz consist of 2 different stores: The Oxbow Cheese Merchant and The Oxbow Wine Merchant. To my great and wonderful surprise, there's also one in San Francisco in the Ferry Building. Needless to say, I'll be back there.
You can see the awesome wine section behind the bar.
After the Public Market we hopped back in the car and headed a little south in to the actual wine country of Napa Valley and made it to the much anticipated champagne tasting at Domaine Carneros. Well, technically it's California Sparkling White Wine. I think I had a borderline religious experience. A few glasses of bubbles and another meat and cheese platter later we had rekindled our no-love-lost relationship. It was honestly like I went to Europe for the day.


And if our day doesn't seem like it was phenomenal enough we then hit the Marin Brew Co. on the way home and grubbed a scosh more. After our long yet eventful and overwhelmingly fantastic day we headed home to the chilly city.
If you learn anything here it's to enjoy random days and create memories with your loved ones. Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment